Norwegian government jitters over problematic gambling rise

Norway has somewhat serious rules regarding gambling, so their national lottery operator, Norsk Tipping, always watches players’ behavioral trends carefully. Their representative, Bjern Helgehofmann, referred to the last survey conducted by the University of Bergen, which showed some negative trends.

The first aspect that unsettled Hoffman was the increase in problem players from 0.9% in 2015 to 1.4% in 2020 (the numbers relate to the overall population). The number of people at moderate risk levels has also increased from 2.3% to 3.1% over the past five years. 파칭코

According to Norsk Tipping, the above numbers tend to increase because of the wider advertising. Also, Hoffman emphasized that it is easier to play online casinos using the Internet. At the same time, he argued that Norsk Tipping, a government-ruled organization, does not promote online casinos and gambling because of Norway’s legal restrictions.

One of the major disadvantages of illegal gambling providers is the absence of mandatory loss limits for Norwegian-registered lotteries and casinos. Hoffman says such restrictions allow problematic people to be protected from losing too much money, and that is a case to be noted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *